The Golden Ridge dam is at 5% capacity. A water schedule will be introduced for Bathurst and will be made available within the next few days.
The water schedule below indicates when water will be cut for the week (6:00 am to 6:00 pm):
WATER SCHEDULE: BATHURST AREA
- Saturday 28th November: Bathurst Town
- Sunday 29th November: Nolukhanyo Township
- Monday 30th November: Bathurst Town
- Tuesday 1 December: Nolukhanyo Township
- Wednesday 2 December: Bathurst Town
- Thursday 3 December: Nolukhanyo Township
- Friday 4 December: Bathurst Town
Note: Due to critically low levels we are implementing the above schedule to reduce water consumption.
There are many ways to use water wisely. We would like to offer you some examples of wise water usage:
- Turning off the tap while you brush your teeth can save 30 litres per day.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes or lower the water settings for smaller loads.
- Water your lawn or garden during the cool morning hours, as opposed to midday, to reduce evaporation.
- Try not to overwater your landscaping. Learn plants water needs and water different types appropriately.
- A full bathtub can require up to 260 litres of water, while taking a 5-minute shower uses only 40 to 95 litres.
Leave a Reply